Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question on specific and standalone key word match

apoptoticbody
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am new to alteryx and have a question when trying to do some key word matches ("contains" function in "filter" tool).

Basically, i am going to find records that contains "gene"--- this specific and standalone word in the column [study title], but i don't want to find records that contains degeneration, general, etc. ---the words that has "gene" in it.

My current function is contains([study title], "gene"), wonder how should i refine / adjust it?

Appreciated your help!

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @apoptoticbody if you want to find an exact word the Find and Replace tool might be a tool to consider. I have mocked up a workflow to show how this would work. Let me know what you think?

apoptoticbody
7 - Meteor

Hi @JosephSerpis 

Much appreciated for the workflow, yes it works for me.

Just a follow-up question, i wonder if there's any way that i can directly edit in the function expression to achieve this?

I was thinking something similar to SQL syntax, for example "%gene%" or "%gene"... not sure if there's similar one for "contains''function expression in alteryx?

Thank you again for your inputs and suggestions!

Labels