Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question: Any easy way to connect to the Alteryx Server Mongo DB?

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi all,

I need to connect to my Alteryx Server's underlying Mongo Database - is there an easy way to do this using only Alteryx tools (no custom python)?

many thanks

9 REPLIES 9
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SeanAdams ,

using your mongo password (not admin) you can create a workflow that reads from the appropriate tables.  This workflow can only run on the target server.  Then output your data to your desired destination. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

For future trivia hunters, thanks to @SeanAdams for accepting my solutuon.  He and 999 before him have helped me to achieve 1,000 community solutions. 

I'm grateful for the community support from all of my friends that I've made along the way.  Let's start with my ACE family ( @TuvyL @SeanAdams  @mbarone @estherb47 Ken Black Daniel Brun @patrick_digan @Thableaus @jdunkerley79 @DawnDuong Alejandro De Valle @fiona_gordon @ggruccio @Aguisande @HeatherMHarris @Nick612Haylund @Hollingsworth Samantha Hughes @NicoleJohnson @andrewdatakim Arthur Larkin @danilang @Joe_Lipski @adrianloong @chris_love @dataMack @Joe_Mako @Treyson @patrick_mcauliffe @BenMoss @ydmuley @Nezrin @rafalolbert @ozawa @Deanna @Kenda @RolandSchubert @JosephSerpis @CharlieS @jarrod @michael_treadwell @andyuttley 

a special thanks to @MaureenW who got me to activate on community and to the whole community family. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
HeatherMHarris
11 - Bolide

Congratulations, @MarqueeCrew !

It's so great to be a part of the Alteryx Community and ACE family with you!

@HeatherMHarris 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Congratulations @MarqueeCrew 

You'll always be one of the greats.

Dan

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Congrats Mark!

It's an honor for me to be in the same league as you and the people you mentioned in the post!

Best,

_AG_ 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

So proud and grateful to count all of you as friends!  Congrats on 1,000 Mark !!!  - well deserved!!!!!

andyuttley
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Wow @MarqueeCrew , 1K solutions - big congratulations on a MASSIVE achievement! 

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@MarqueeCrew congratulations for this fantastic achievement. You've been a role model since I joined this community. 

I hope to get to your mark some day! 

Cheers,

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Congratulations @MarqueeCrew!

Your work in our community is legendary, and this really shows it.

Thank you for your contributions and inspiration!

Labels