Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python Code for Comparison in Alteryx.

18 REPLIES 18
sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR Thank you very much. I will look at this now.

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR Would you step me though installing the Python packages?

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sonseeahray - assuming you are running alteryx as an admin in your local machine, this line of code should install the packages on your machine:

Package.installPackages(['pandas','tabula'])

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR This is a GREAT start!! Thank you 😃

Here is the beginning of my error messages

sonseeahray_0-1584545273221.png

sonseeahray_0-1584545376698.png

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sonseeahray - could you paste the whole error msg. ? 

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR Yes, here you go and thank you!

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sonseeahray - I am unable to explain what is causing the error. Can you unzip the attached solution and run it on your machine? Keep in mind, Tabula is best suited if your pdf has tabular data. If you are looking to extract plain text, you could use the wonderful solution put together by @OllieClarke

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@AbhilashR  okay, I'll give it a try. thanks!

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

Hello,

I was hopeful this would work for me but got the following errors.  Not sure how to proceed.

Thanks,
Neil

SUCCESS: reading input data "#1"
[Datafile.writeData]: metadata arg is required for yxdb and expected to be dict like {'Field1': {'type': 'FixedDecimal', 'length': (8, 3), 'source': 'PythonTool:', 'description': 'my description'}, 'Field2': {...}}
Error: unable to write output (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Engine_5940_7bdf89a872a5430a89b0fc118f2fa074_\4bb7e0f98f3e2202be5e41703d97d9ec\output_1.yxdb)
ERROR: writing outgoing connection data 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-2-7398b652318e> in <module>
     19         output_data = output_data.append(pandas.DataFrame.from_records(data[a]))
---> 21 Alteryx.write(output_data,1)

c:\users\username\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\ayx\export.py in write(pandas_df, outgoing_connection_number, columns, debug, **kwargs)
     85     When running the workflow in Alteryx, this function will convert a pandas data frame to an Alteryx data stream and pass it out through one of the tool's five output anchors. When called from the Jupyter notebook interactively, it will display a preview of the pandas dataframe. An optional 'columns' argument allows column metadata to specify the field type, length, and name of columns in the output data stream.
     86     """
---> 87     return __CachedData__(debug=debug).write(     88         pandas_df, outgoing_connection_number, columns=columns, **kwargs
     89     )

c:\users\username\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\ayx\CachedData.py in write(self, pandas_df, outgoing_connection_number, columns, output_filepath)
    639             try:
    640                 # get the data from the sql db (if only one table exists, no need to specify the table name)
--> 641                 data = db.writeData(pandas_df_out, metadata=write_metadata)
    642                 # print success message
    643                 if outgoing_connection_number is not None:

c:\users\username\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\ayx\Datafiles.py in writeData(self, pandas_df, metadata)
    731                 )
    732                 print(error_msg)
--> 733                 raise TypeError(error_msg)
    734             elif len(metadata) != len(pandas_df.columns):
    735                 error_msg = msg_prefix.format(

TypeError: [Datafile.writeData]: metadata arg is required for yxdb and expected to be dict like {'Field1': {'type': 'FixedDecimal', 'length': (8, 3), 'source': 'PythonTool:', 'description': 'my description'}, 'Field2': {...}}
Labels