Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish Dynamic Spatial Analytics App Workflow inside my website

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

Dear Alteryx Expert

I'm still Beginner in Alteryx, I need to know how to publish Dynamic User Input Spatial Analytics workflow in Website, let's simplify the Idea from Alltryx Challange Post :

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-57-Build-a-Valentine-s-Day-App/m-p/46372

If I want to Publish similar any of the challenge work-flow into inside my startup website: www.mydatada.com like the listed dashboard power bi examples in the section (Sample Of Our Dashboard Solution) of my website, Can anyone help me how to do this (publishing) step by step? 

6 REPLIES 6
scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This sounds like you want to use the Alteryx Gallery API to call an Analytic App from your own Website.  To get started, i suggest watching the Gallery API Introduction to see how to create the call.  From there check out the Gallery API Documentation to see how it all works.

You will need Alteryx Server to call applications from your site.

Hope this helps.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

Thank You Indeed, but really I didn't understand anything from what you said, Please note that I'm still at the beginning of how I do this process, so Kindly describe with some detail about what you replied in your previous post. My experience in altryx only on the Alteryx designer, other than that I don't have an Idea, thank you for your understanding. 

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

For example, I got this message when I enter the  Gallery API Introduction 

Error.JPG

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

For the License, I have only for the Designer (Desktop).

MAAbdullahAlMubarah
8 - Asteroid

If It is not possible to publish it based on my original thread post how i can publish it similar to this link :

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Map-with-Reporting-V1-9414/53b58173398a710aec8c46c9

Thank you 

scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sorry, I gave an incorrect link.  I misunderstood that you want to publish to the Alteryx Public Gallery.

To do this, once you have your application built, Go to File>Save As>Alteryx Gallery

saveas.png

This will open a dialog box to save your workflow.  You will need your login credentials for the Gallery to connect.  This is the same log-in you use for the Community.  

Once connected, you will get a dialog box with your workflow name (you can change here if you like), and an option to add any comments.  

The Workflow options will allow you to add any assets, like data or macros.

dialog.png

Once saved, you will get a link to your workflow on the Gallery.  You can then publish this to the public area to share.

This Knowledge Base goes over publishing in more detail.

Hopefully this better answers your question.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels