Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problem when export a huge workflow

diabolic
7 - Meteor

Hi all, I have a problem when I export a huge workflow.

The workflow contains some macros (build by me), each macro contains lots of macros (build by me). When I export the workflow (including all macros but excluding the source files), the system just pop up an error message "C:\***\Cleans.yxmc" after a loooooooong waiting. Then export failed.

I do need to export the workflow and move it to somewhere else (such as other PC). How to fix this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I don't think the size has anything to do with it; i'm sure i'm not the only one who has built workflows with 500+ tools without a problem.

Given the error you have identified C:\***\Cleas.yxmc, this is the data cleanse tool and is actually part of all alteryx programmes now so I actually don't think you need to include this as an asset when you package the workflow.

So I would uncheck the box for this and try again.

An alternative would be to create the .yxzp file yourself. 

A .yxzp file is just a fancy zip file, with the extension renamed. Place all your supporting macro's, inputs and workflow's in a folder and sub-folder structure. Ammend your workflow so that it is pointing at these macro's and files. Then zip it up and rename the extension.

See image.

2018-06-19_08-50-45.png

Ben

diabolic
7 - Meteor

Hi, I just want to know how to quickly amend my workflow so that it is pointing at correct macro's and files. In my workflows, I use more than 2000 macros (most of them are the same macros with different configuration). I don't think I can fix all the links manually.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Go to options > advanced options > workflow dependencies, you can then select the folder location that has changed and hit 'edit' and then edit them all in one go.

Ben

Labels