Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Printing Results of Decision Tree

atamertarslan
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

Is there a way to print out the results of a decision tree with its tree and performance metrics into a word or pdf? I plan to use a batch macro to fit decision trees and then print out the results to interpret better.

Kind regards,

Atamert Arslan

6 REPLIES 6
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@atamertarslan 

You can feed the output of the R anchor into the Render tool and save as Word Doc/PDF.

decision-tree.png

atamertarslan
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much.

I am now creating a batch macro that loops over specific parameters and fits for each and every parameter a decision tree.

I can print the decision tree results, one after one, via the render tool. However, I also want to include a title or a row saying that the results are based on parameter xy1, xy2 etc.

By including header tool in the batch macro I was hoping that it would work but for some reason the specific part of the header entry is updated by the control parameter only once and not for each and every parameter.

Would you have any suggestion for how to do it?

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_0.png

atamertarslan
8 - Asteroid

Hello again,

I figured out that it works with parameter looping in header when I select 'Insert Section Breaks Between Records'.

In this case though the pdf is getting too large. Is there a way to specificy which row of the decision tree report can be taken out?

Best,

Atamert

cadyb
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can put a Filter on the R Output from the Decision Tree and choose which Reporting Element you would like to Render. For example, Filter [Desc] = 'ModelSummary' and only the Summary Report Table would be Rendered.

Cady 

atamertarslan
8 - Asteroid

Dear Cady,

Thank you so much for your answer.

Where can I see how I should specify the filter? In the filtering element there is no drop-down list to select from for the filtering criterion as far as I know (the right hand side of the filter, where you specify what it is equal to).

Best,

Atamert

cadyb
Alteryx
Alteryx

You might need to run the workflow to process metadata to the Filter Tool if you are not seeing the Desc field available in the Basic Filter Option. It would look like the screen shot below.

FilterRender.JPG

Labels