Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Pre SQL for InDB

Hello,

We use the pre-sql statement of the input to set some parameters of connections. Sadly, we cannot do that in a in-db workflow. This would be a total game-changing feature for us.

Best Regards,

Simon

42 Comments
danielkresina
9 - Comet
I totally agree. The In-DB write table tool should allow pre and post SQL statements to be specified just like you can do with a normal database output or input.
mic_jon
5 - Atom

I agree. The In-DB write table tool should have the option to allow pre and post SQL statements.

kirkpoucher
6 - Meteoroid

i agree this is a major limitation on the in-db tools

danielkresina
9 - Comet
I agree. This request has been out here for over half a year. Can anyone from Alteryx confirm if this concept is in the roadmap? It seems like it should be fairly straightforward to add since it's just another optional SQL command being run before and after the main in-db SQL statement.
MarshallG
8 - Asteroid

+1

aweiss2k
7 - Meteor

Yes, please add this!!

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

saubert
9 - Comet

Thanks.