Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Power BI Output Tool - create/modify multiple tables per dataset

Please consider adding the ability in the Power BI Output Tool to create/modify multiple tables per dataset - having to work with only single table datasets in Power BI is very limiting.

8 Comments
smith164
5 - Atom

Great idea, i have been looking for similar functionality within the Power BI output tool as well.   

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Hi @louis ,

I was thinking for a while how the use case for this could look like and the only option I was able to come up with was splitting the dataframe into multiple tables based on a value in a field. something like partitioning a db table. 

But then I got it - you actually want to have multiple inputs for one PowerBI output, i.e. several branches would all lead to Power BI tool (similar to Multi join) and in the Power BI output tool you set name of the Dataset and then Table name for each incoming branch. 

Were you thinking about the same?

thank you,

Vojta

Ruud
10 - Fireball

Hi @VojtechT . Not OP, but still like to chime in.

I'm surprised this got this little traction. The tool as of right now is useless in all scenarios we'd like to use it in. Multiple inputs sound great, a mapping field to match it to the tables too.

But all I realy need is the tool to NOT drop all other tables in the dataset you publish to.

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Ruud ,

I'm with you. and don't worry - we will not drop the tables, simply because:

a) it's not technically possible to drop just a table, but I guess you mean the whole dataset, and

b) we're going to keep the existing datasets and tables and just give you the option whether the schema of a table (i.e. columns) should be updated or not. 

Ruud
10 - Fireball

Sounds great and it sounds like it's work in the making? Got an ETA? 😄

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

The Beta version is currently planned for the end of April. Official release will depend on results of the Beta testing. 

Ruud
10 - Fireball

Neat! Thanks for the update!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @VojtechT, do you have any update on this one ?