Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Potential Batch Macro question

gaucho77
5 - Atom

I have an issue that I think could be fixed with a Batch Macro, but I'm pretty new and not completely sure how to get there.  I have a number of files (these would be Excel files) that have a pretty similar layout, except for the fact that the Years change.  So in one file the 3rd column might be 2016, and in the next file 2017 and so on.  I want to be able to create my workflow to go in a grab every Excel file (represented in this sample workflow as a text input) and run each file in a batch to basically do aTranspose and then Union these all together and spit out the output into an excel file that will then be used in Tableau.

Any suggestions on how to set up in Batch?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Edit: Read this wrong at first. Here is my updated answer. You can use a control parameter and an action tool to update your input data tool with a list of the files to read in. You can perform the same transpose function and then have a macro output. This will stack all of your information in the output of the macro which can then be fed into an output tool to hyper file.

macro solution.png

gaucho77
5 - Atom

That works perfectly.  Thanks!

Labels