Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Please Help Needed

taknafabrice
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have attached a dummy data for better illustration. I am trying to do the following:

- Filter the born date, so that output data will be all data with the most recent born date (1/17/2017), that is only the most current date according to dates showing on the attached file.

- Also for parent column, how can format the excel file in such a way that once i work the workflow, all "mum" cells will turn green and "dad" cells will turn yellow? What expression can i use to materialize it?

- As per the attached workflow screenshot, how can I generate an output within one excel workbook with 3 different tabs? (for the 3 outputs showing on the workflow)

Will appreciate answers followed by substantial explanation. Still learning the tool. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@taknafabrice,

Here's a workflow that filters to the MAX (most recent) date + Turns mum green (dad yellow) in Excel + Outputs 2 additional sheets to the same Excel workbook.

Picture1.png

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
taknafabrice
6 - Meteoroid

Hi  Mark,

Thank you very much for your input!

Best

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Did it help or solve your need?

Just wondering ....

Mark

taknafabrice
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Mark,

Tried using your approach today and it worked for maxdate. However, did not quite understand the approach to color the cells. Can you please elaborate on the tools you use and what formula you used? Thanks

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@taknafabrice

Look at the TABLE tool configuration.

Picture1.png

Cheers,

Mark

Labels