Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pivot Table with Alteryx

JonathanRichey
7 - Meteor

What is the best practice to summarize data with Alteryx? For example, I would like to summarize the unique id, measure names by adding the numerators and denominators.

5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You can use the summerize tool, this provides you with the ability to create cuts of your data. In your instance you can summerize and just return the SUM Numerator and SUM Demonitator.

You can then union this to your table in order to provide you with the output shown in your final piece. 

I've attached an example for you.

Ben

JonathanRichey
7 - Meteor

Thanks I see the grand total is there, however the measure name Orange and Yellow are not consolidated to one line on the output. How would you handle that process?

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Attaching a sample workflow for your case. Hope this helps.

WorkflowWorkflowResultsResults

Anshumann
5 - Atom

Thanks Ponraj. It really helped to solve my query as well.

Just an additional requirement after this result, please help me with that as well.

Lets say, the output you have got below in the screen shot, additionally I want to arrange it in descending order of values in Denominator grouped on or referencing Measure Name keeping all the columns included. I hope I am clear on my query. Please help me with this.

JonathanRichey
7 - Meteor

Hello Anshumann,

Is this what you had in mind? If not I am not sure how to build the workflow.

Labels