Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Passing Dynamic Date Parameter -API Call

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone-

I am working on a workflow which will make a RestApi call to pull data from a server. I am able to achieve this piece , the issue now i am having is to have the code to pull data based on dynamically passing data parameters based on a "appliedtodate" field . This field is a STRING field and i am not able to get this to work. 

I used the following api call in the Input Tool of the Alteryx WF snippet shown below (where i am passing the url for the "download" tool) .

I get the following error message after executing the WF. Am I doing something wrong ? 

I would really appreciate if i could get some direction to resolve this query. 

Internal server error encountered while processing the following request

callquery.PNG

awf_api_snippet.PNG

Thank you very much. 

MD

2 REPLIES 2
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MD2050, judging by the screenshot you provided it looks like the DateTimeFormat and DateTimeParse formulas are being used within the Text Input tool. I would suggest restructuring your workflow to move these calculations inside the formula tool. Alteryx functions by design only work within the formula and filter tools. Something like the screenshot below:

AbhilashR_0-1592180687923.png

Also, make sure you test the output of the formula tool to see if the output string look appropriate for you to download using the Download tool.

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @AbhilashR -

The logic worked perfectly. 👍

Labels