Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Passed Core Exam!

davechndr
9 - Comet

Hi everyone!

After a few attempts at the first exam - i.e. the "Alteryx Core Certification" - I passed with a score of 90.7% last night!

My advice to others is to stay persistent and never let failure prevent you from retrying, finding out where (in which areas) you need to work to improve (if you do not pass the exam), and learn the "Nooks and Crannies" of Alteryx as you proceed in your certifications.

Before last night's attempt, my scores averaged around 69.2% and stagnated at that percentage until I continuously looked to see where I was having trouble. I also kept on revisiting the Documentation Page and making notes of the 'Nooks and Crannies' of the various tools.

Hope this helps and best of luck to all of you!

@davechndr

35 REPLIES 35
davechndr
9 - Comet

Hi @Aboud ,

How are you doing?

Thank you very, very much for your compliments on my passing the Core Exam! I really appreciate your well wishes!

I can agree with the tips that Zak gave in his explanation about passing the Core Exam and like he said, do not be discouraged if you do not make it the 1st time around. (FYI - I needed a few tries myself, to make it through with that 90.7%.)

One thing that I would add to Zak's suggestions would be to get to know workflows well, and, be able to create simple ones and make them work. I'm seeing more emphasis on the need to master basic workflows.

For other tips I gave another member, please refer to my reply in pink text above, from my response on 9/6/2018. You'll notice that I spelled out any detailed recommendations for studying/passing the Core Exam.

Of course, please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

@dchandra

EugeneYambao
5 - Atom

where is the word document attached in your message i meant

sbahali
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

• Is there any question bank where you can practice and appear for the exam. This is my first attempt and I scored 70.2% and I will have to pass by End of this month.

Regards,

S

Arun_KV
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team - 

I passed the core certification exam yesterday .  I could see the badge on my profile , but I did not receive any email with the certificate (PDF document ) and the link to add the certificate to my linkedin profile yet.

Is  there a need for any follow-ups here ?  Please advise.

Thanks,

Arun  

davechndr
9 - Comet

Hello Arun,

Many congratulations on your achievement in passing the Core Exam on Tuesday! That is fantastic, and I also passed the Core Exam after a few tries at it, myself.

As for your certificate, you should be receiving it in your email (in .pdf format) within a couple days of your pass attempt.

I took my test on a Sunday evening and received my certificate the following day - that being on Mon. morning (first thing). Though, this was July 2018; I don't know if the time to receive a .pdf certificate since passing the Core Exam is longer or different since then.

One thing - make sure you check whichever email address you used, that is associated with your Alteryx account.

Hope this helps, Arun, and excellent job on your passing the exam!

Very Best,

- Dave Chandra

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Arun_KV 

Congratulations!!! Fantastic news. Thank you for sharing it here.

Cheers!

Esther

EricR

Hi @Arun_KV ,

Congratulations on earning your Core certification!  You will receive your certificate in an email within 48 hours of your exam time.  That email will include a link to your certificate that you can post to your LinkedIn profile (basic instructions will be provided in the email).  On occasion, messages are intercepted by filters, so if you don't receive your message within that time frame, send an email to certification@alteryx.com from the email address that you provided when you took the exam and we will be happy to assist you.

Thanks @davechndr for your help!

All the best,

Eric

Alteryx Certification Team

Arun_KV
8 - Asteroid

Thank you folks . Really appreciate  all your inputs !!  

Razzle
6 - Meteoroid

Wow, Nice work!

aditrio1
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for sharing your experience! Mine is similar -- I will be attempting the exam again today! 

Labels