Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parsing Error

DarynCarruthers
5 - Atom

Hello

I am trying to create a table from JSON  i got from calling an API but the problem is that when i use JSON parse Tool  , I got his error

ConvError: JSON Parse (6): Error message: Invalid value. at character position: 0

Is there anyway to get this output

I have attached my workflow 

5 REPLIES 5
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @DarynCarruthers,

you were pretty close to the answer! Tick the "To a Field - String" option in the Download tool and change the column.

grossal_1-1589824462114.png

And update the JSON Parse to the new column:

grossal_1-1589824329258.png

Your new output looks very promising:

grossal_0-1589824434760.png

I have attached your updated workflow. Let me know if this solves your problem.

Best

Alex

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @DarynCarruthers,

You want to select "String" in the "To a Field" section in order to pull the JSON which you are then parsing correctly:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589824579188.png

Also ensure your JSON parse is looking at your DownloadData field:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589824698297.png

Output after the change:

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1589824598009.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

DarynCarruthers
5 - Atom

Hello @grossal, 

Thank you for your quick response on this, that is awesome. I am new to Alteryx and want to dive right in, thank you for your guidance it is much appreciated.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You are welcome! And also welcome to the forum!

Would you mind accepting the post as a solution if it helped? People can find accepted solutions much quicker 😃

DarynCarruthers
5 - Atom

Hey @Jonathan-Sherman,

Thank you for your response to this, this also helped fix my issue. I love getting multiple perspectives on how to solve so that I will know different ways to approach issues.

Thank you

Labels