Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse filename

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Hi, I want to parse the file name, can help on how to parse it? Some sales name has latin special character not English character.

parse.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

If you use the Text to Columns tool, you can out in multiple characters in the delimiter field to be parsed out. So you can do ,/| and it would parse be each of those. 

Seth

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Could you kindly help how to write, I am new to alteryx. thank you

seven
12 - Quasar

@lilyyangadsk 

Please provide the data, not an image. Please describe the desired output that you want to achieve as well.

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

I try to use this, but only get name with xxx_xxx, I can't take if name has xxx xxx xxx that has long name with many space or name saved as xxx_xxx with underscore or name with latin word.

and I need help to parse the date range, kindly pls help thank you.

2.PNG

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Here is the file I want to parse result, big thank you!!

seven
12 - Quasar

That file you sent is quite different than the image you posted. I created a workflow, attached, and a packaged workflow, attached, that parse both the image and the file you sent. In either case, you only have a month and day, no year. I made the assumption that these are in 2020 and hardcoded that. Please check.

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Thank you so much for your quick reply and help. But there are some filename not standard format saving and I use the workflow it doesn't work to all of them. Is there any other ways to solve? thank you

seven
12 - Quasar

seven
12 - Quasar

Hi @lilyyangadsk 

please try this workflow.

Labels