Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parse filename

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Hi, I want to parse the file name, can help on how to parse it? Some sales name has latin special character not English character.

parse.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

If you use the Text to Columns tool, you can out in multiple characters in the delimiter field to be parsed out. So you can do ,/| and it would parse be each of those. 

Seth

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Could you kindly help how to write, I am new to alteryx. thank you

seven
12 - Quasar

@lilyyangadsk 

Please provide the data, not an image. Please describe the desired output that you want to achieve as well.

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

I try to use this, but only get name with xxx_xxx, I can't take if name has xxx xxx xxx that has long name with many space or name saved as xxx_xxx with underscore or name with latin word.

and I need help to parse the date range, kindly pls help thank you.

2.PNG

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Here is the file I want to parse result, big thank you!!

seven
12 - Quasar

That file you sent is quite different than the image you posted. I created a workflow, attached, and a packaged workflow, attached, that parse both the image and the file you sent. In either case, you only have a month and day, no year. I made the assumption that these are in 2020 and hardcoded that. Please check.

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Thank you so much for your quick reply and help. But there are some filename not standard format saving and I use the workflow it doesn't work to all of them. Is there any other ways to solve? thank you

seven
12 - Quasar

seven
12 - Quasar

Hi @lilyyangadsk 

please try this workflow.

Labels