Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Overflow of blob field buffer

Cyprien
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm trying to send a blob field to a Cassandra database via the Output Data connector but I have the following warning :

"BLOB: Overflow of blob field buffer length 4000 Input Record : 10395"

And when I try to read this field from my Database, the blob field is null. I cannot find what this warning mean and how I can extend this "blob field buffer", any idea?

I'm using Alteryx 10.6 connected to a Datastax Cassandra DB 4.7 (or cassandra 2.0 ) with the Simba driver.

Thanks for your help.

Cyprien

3 REPLIES 3
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Cyprien,

Have you tried to get a "local" version of the contents first, to see if the info being sent to Cassandra is correct?

Then try to send it directly to Cassandra?

LindaT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Cyprien,

The default Binary column length on the ODBC Driver is 4000.  that is on the "Advanced Options" of your ODBC Drivers setup.  All you need to do is increase that size to something more appropriate for your data.  For our testing we have it set to 300000.

Thank you,

Linda

Cyprien
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Linda,

Thanks a lot for your answer, it is now working fine with the Binary Column Length extended :)

Cyprien

Labels