Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Different in Macro vs Workflow

drdedge
5 - Atom

Hi - I've tried to put together a macro to make it easy for new Alteryx users to use dynamic input by using an excel mapping file. However, when I run the workflow in the Macro vs use the macro in a workflow I get different results - though the inputs haven't changed.

The macro return a dynamic input with File and Sheetname - as the standard tool would do - but the list of files is provided in an excel format.

I can't for the life of me work out what's causing this and any helpy would be appreciated.

DEdge

Macro run inside its own workflowMacro run inside its own workflowMacro run in a separate workflowMacro run in a separate workflow

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @drdedge 

Can you attach some the excel input files that you reference in your macro

.\Input\Example Input Files\2015.xlsx|||Sheet1$
.\Input\Example Input Files\2016.xlsx|||Sheet1$
.\Input\Example Input Files\DifferentSheetName.xlsx|||2018$
.\Input\Example Input Files\Other DIrectory\OtherDirectory.xlsx|||Sheet1$
.\Input\Example Input Files\TwoSheets.xlsx|||2019$
.\Input\Example Input Files\TwoSheets.xlsx|||2021$

Dan

drdedge
5 - Atom

Whoops - updated with the zip file including it all.

dAve

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @drdedge 

You were so close.  In the action tool connected to the "Please input the template file name and directory", you highlighted the "Output file name" attribute as opposed to the "File" attribute

OriginalOriginal

CorrectedCorrected

With this change the results are identical 

r.png

Dan

Labels