Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Order of "Run Command..." Items in Workflow Events Tab

brendan_gunn
5 - Atom

Hi - Hopefully a simple question here.  I have a workflow that updates two batch scripts.  I want to the workflow to run these two batch scripts upon completion.  However I want them to run in a certain order.  In the Events tab of the workflow, I've added them both as "Run Command...", "After Run Without Errors" events.  Can I assume the functionality to move the events up and down in the pane controls the order they are executed?  I need the first event/batch script to completely finish before the second event/batch script is executed.

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@brendan_gunn yes, this is correct, the order of the events dictates which executes first

order.png

You can test this out with a couple of batch files. Use a script with a pause in it like this:

@echo Time: %date% %time%
pause

Then copy this file and make a change to the echo line just so it is a bit different in what you see in your command prompt. Add both of these batch files as scripts and then run your workflow. You will see that when the script hits the pause it waits for you to hit a key and exit the script before the second one starts. 

Labels