The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Option for R Datasets via Input/Output tools

The capability to input/output R Datasets via the input/output tools, together with all the other data formats as well (like csv, Excel, SAS, SPSS, etc).

5 Comments
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Santiago,

Do you have an example of what an R dataset would look like?  Datasets that I've found seem to be mostly csv files, but maybe there's a format within an R process that stores them differently?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben.

I have an example, but there is not an option to load files to this forum - or at least I could not figure it out  :-)  
The file extensions is .Rdata.

There is a way to currently import the R-dataset using the R code icon, but the flexibility and user experience would be a lot better, if this option was available in the Input/Output tools.

Here is a sample of the code that goes in:

load("%Engine.WorkflowDirectory%RTest2.RData")
write.Alteryx(Rrest, 1)

The name of the file is Rtest2.Dtata, and both the data file and the workbook need to be saved in the same location.

Thanks,

Santiago
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks Santiago,

I will discuss with our Advanced Analytics group and see what kind of effort it would be to support this format.

Ben

Saraja
5 - Atom
In the same context, will it be possible to input/output the Stata (Statistical software just like R, SAS and SPSS) format dataset. The file extension for Stata is *.dta I have not seen any on in the Alteryx community mentioned about Stata so far. This software is extensively used in statistical modeling and data management in the area of economics and research. Thanks Saraja
ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All,

We don't have immediate plans to implement this, but please continue to star if you'd like to see!

Best,

Alex