Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Old Data coming in through Join

domeckn
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow that will be reran each day with new files. On my second day of running this workflow, I noticed my output file contained some data from the previous day. Upon further investigation, it seems this data is somehow being combined with my new data after going through a join tool. Essentially, it looks like data is randomly coming through my join tool. These old IDs that are coming through are not in the new data files. It doesn't appear to be a lot of my data, but it is messing up the reporting output.

I've tried deleting the join tool and input data and remaking that portion of the workflow, but that doesn't seem to be working either. I'm not sure why this would be happening and my searching has come up empty so far, any suggestions on how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @domeckn,

Are you sure both inputs into the join are using the new data? Is this a workflow or an app? If it's an app how do you have the action tool configured to update your input tool?

Regards,

Jonathan

domeckn
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Jonathan-Sherman,

Thanks for your reply, this is a workflow and I am inputting new data. I'm sending both my files through a couple tools before going into my join. I've looked through the output of each of these tools and they are only outputting my new data. The first time I notice my old data coming through is at the output of my Join. 

As additional context, I am noticing old data coming through my join and right output (I am not using the left output).

Thanks,

Nathan

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @domeckn,

Can you attach a sample workflow?

Regards,

Jonathan

domeckn
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Jonathan-Sherman,

I can't attach the actual workflow and data as it is sensitive, however, the attached workflow uses dummy data that mimics the important parts of my data. I have the block until done because I have 4 total files I am running through a similar path and joining with the All Issues data.

Thanks,

Nathan 

domeckn
6 - Meteoroid

Want to bump this, I have tried reworking my workflow to get rid of the join, but now the old data is being pulled in at the output. Any suggestions would be welcome, as this issue essentially makes Alteryx useless in this use case.

Labels