Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Obtain deciles in one function or tool

ecai
5 - Atom

I know that I can use the "Summarize" tool to get a percentile.  However, what if I want the deciles?  I don't want to apply the Percentile function within the Summarize tool 10 times and enter the percentage rank each time.  I want one function or one tool that will provide the deciles (or any arbitrary set of evenly divided percentiles).

Is this possible in Alteryx?

By deciles, I mean the 10th percentile, 20th percentile, ... , 90th percentile, and 100th percentile.

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ecai,

Please try using the TILE tool.  You can create deciles there.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
kth89456
5 - Atom

I have tried using the TILE tool, but I cannot keep the deciles to be used for further calculations. 

In short, I need to evaluate the deciles of multiple columns and then want to assign a value based on the decile of each column. The TILE tool appears to create a non-permanent naming that I can't use to assign a value. Can you help?

niv_data
5 - Atom

Hi,

Did you get a solution for your problem. I am facing a similar issue. I have grouped data based on a category and need to find percentiles (95,96,97,98,99) for a range of values for each of these categories.

Can someone help please ?.

Labels