Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I'm saving an analytic app to the gallery and received this error message.  I think that a more descriptive help action would benefit the user (or me).

Capture.PNG

I've opened a ticket with client services asking for guidance.

Thanks,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I figured out the issue.  One of my containers that should have been disabled (user error) wasn't.  The save to the Gallery doesn't warn until many minutes later.  I'll be more careful in the future to make sure that the app runs on my desktop before saving it to the Gallery.

It still would be nice to have a more descriptive error and/or the ability to lookup the error and get a suggested course of action(s).

Thanks,

Mark

SteveA
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @MarqueeCrew,

If it's straightforward to recreate this issue, would you mind posting an example here?  Or feel free to reach out privately so we can learn more completely how you're reaching this error state.

Many thanks!

Steve A.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

The size of the packaged data (calgary) was too large.  Oddly, it did save to the Alteryx gallery the first time.  I reduced the size and things went smoothly.

Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

I just came across this error message for the first time, I agree that the message itself provides no help at all in understanding the issue.  ( @SteveA can you change it?)

I'm publishing apps a lot more now and it does seem that the validation process looks into disabled containers.  True?

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@MarqueeCrew I agree, that message is not very clear. Thanks for submitting the issue to client services. They'll triage and route it to the team that can investigate the issue. 

Rachel Wynn
Product Manager - Designer
Labels