Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ODBC Driver Issue When Exporting Workflow

johnnykoung
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

My workflow is setup to connect to our MySQL Database through an ODBC connector.

When I export my workflow and share it with others, they are not able to run the workflow and receive the error attached. They have to re-setup the ODBC connector on their own computer in order to run the workflow.

Is there a way to export the workflow so they don't have to go through the setup again on their own computer?

Thanks!

Johnny

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx
If you have the Alteryx Server you can use shared gallery connections so that you don’t need to set up the DSN’s every time, but if you don’t have the Alteryx server they will need to set up the ODBC connections in order to run the workflows.
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx
Here is an article on how shared gallery connections work on the Alteryx Server: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Gallery-Data-Connections-FAQ/ta-p/452...
JessHansen
7 - Meteor

Hi Johnny.

I stopped using ODBC a while back sa the aliass gave a lot of headaches. However, if you cannot use OLEDB instead, maybe this can help.

1. Is there a 32/64 bit issue here? Is it installed in 32bit on one machine and 64 bit on another?

2. Is it installed in "User DSN" on one machine and "System DSN" on another?

3. Make sure that you are using ODBC alisass and not Alteryx aliass for ODBC connections. This is a cause for a lot of confusion.

Hope it helps!

Best,

Jess

Labels