Alteryx Designer

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Not able to open encrypted excel

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

hi all, a lot of files that I am working in are encrypted with the same password.

I am not able to open using input data any of these excel (i need to remove password before every use).

Can you please advise how can that be fixed?

Can I type password within Alteryx or remove it from excel but then again add (my data are secured).

I am using Alteryx designer x64.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @joanq ,

For Excel files with passwords, often times either a run command or some sort of R package is used to read in the files. Here is a great link to a previous Alteryx post that uses R to open a file with a password. I bet this can be easily thrown into a batch macro if you would like to read in multiple. 

I hope this helps. 

Nick Michels 

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @joanq,

I would also take a look into using a macro available on Alteryx Gallery created by Ben Moss:
https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Input-Password-Protected-XLSX/5a9d23a7826fd31b1c2826ea

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

i saw this before, but i have no idea how to do that, as a code i need to write in R.

But i cannot even run the workflow using encrypted excels, as i am getting error: "Unable to open archive for unzipping (...).

Labels