The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

New drag and drop file types

I would like to see more files types supported to be able to be dragged from a folder onto a workflow. More precisely a .txt and a .dat file. This will greatly help my team and I do be able to analyze new and unknown data files that we receive on a daily basis.  

Thank you. 

5 Comments
jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

So if you dragged a .txt or .dat file onto the canvas, it would create an Input Data and pop up the Resolve File Type dialog that occurs when you select a text file with that tool?

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Drag and drop support for .txt and .dat files is now being tested and will be available in an upcoming release.

CBJohnson
6 - Meteoroid

@JPoz Yes. Being able to drag and drop those file types just like a .csv or a excel file. That is great news. Look forward to it! 

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

This is now available in the 2019.3 release. Download it at http://downloads.alteryx.com

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @Travis_M, thanks for posting! I am going to move your question to the Designer Discussion forum where it will get more visibility and faster answers.