Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

New Members Month Over Month Help

connerdy
5 - Atom

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to design a workflow that would use historic data to determine new membership month to month. Each member is assigned a unique Member_ID when they join.Each month we receive a report that contains all membership (new and Old). Since I don't have an identifier for a new member what is the best way to determine who the new members are?

~Dylon

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

So to confirm, there isn't currently a "Joined Date" or something similar in your data? If there was, you could just pull the month out of that date and use it to summarize the number of people for that given month. 

Otherwise, you will want to use the join tool of your new data set back to your old data set. The L or the R depending on which way you have it set up, will show the members that exist in the new data set but not in the old and would therefore be new members. 

connerdy
5 - Atom

No there isn't a Joined date, however the use of the Join will do it!

rupali_bhise
8 - Asteroid

Hey @connerdy , 

Is there any reference point to identify its new or old member, or how you are defining it right now which member is old/new

Thanks

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Example workflow attached! Even without a member ID in the new data, you can compare the two like so:

new members.png

connerdy
5 - Atom

As mentioned in my description we currently don't have a flag for if the member is new or not. The only thing I have is a unique ID that is assigned to the member once they join. I do have a payment_date field that tells me which report I'm looking at in the table. 

Labels