Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

New Column need to be added in workflow

Kavya432
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I need to added a new column Called "Source".I want to tell like from which source its coming from

For Example: In the attached workflow there are different input files. For each input file I need to add a Column as Source.

Source='Fugent'

Source='iDrive'

etc like this for all input files.

Appreciate the solution folks.

Kavya432_1-1571854010201.png

Basically I am trying to union all that input files or data coming from same database.

2 REPLIES 2
NicholasM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @Kavya432 ,

This functionality is actually built into the input data tool. You can simply change it to output the file name as a field. See photo below. 

Capture.PNG

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can make a quick change to your formula to resolve this. Right now you have a formula creating a column called "Dist". The syntax of this formula just needs to be rewritten, but you are close! Instead of saying Dist = 'Fugent" you can just have the expression say 'Fugent'. Proper syntax is shown in the second screenshot. @NicholasM also has a good idea of just outputting the file name from the input tool which would eliminate the need for the formula.

1.png

2.png

Labels