Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Network Analysis Tool - edge width

garthheward
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm using the Network Analysis Tool and trying to pass edge width with no luck.  My data looks like this (I'm trying both Width and Weight):

FromString
ToString
WidthInt
WeightInt

But the Width/Weight parameters don't seem to change anything in the output.  Does anyone know how to pass the width parameter defined here?

3 REPLIES 3
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @garthheward the edge.attributes are handled internally by the R package igraph.  You can see how the macro is using the package by right-clicking the Network Analysis tool, and choosing Open Macro. 

Can you attach your workflow? (You can anonymize your data.)  I was able to see the edge weight difference by changing the values in the Network Analysis sample workflow.  If you're not seeing a change, I'd like to see what your data look like and how your workflow is set up.

Thanks!

garthheward
7 - Meteor

Thanks @CristonS,

I figured out the issue - the weight attribute is case sensitive so sending "Weight" doesn't work but sending "weight" does.  This caught me off guard, since "From" and "To" don't seem to be case sensitive!

neeleshapatil1
8 - Asteroid

How we can adjust thickness of the width between "from" and "to" based on weight?

Is there any properties need to be modified in the Network Analysis tool? 

Labels