Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need help on using multiple tabs in alteryx interface designer

aj4all
5 - Atom

Hi, I am working on multiple analytics apps and I need to use all apps into a single analytics apps using tabs functionality in the interface designer layout and each tab should work as a standalone app.

Any lead on this would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @aj4all,

If each "Tab" needs to be a standalone app then this sounds like a chained app in Alteryx. I'd advise looking at the Interactive Lessons for chaining apps!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @aj4all,

I'm thinking you will want to look into Chained Apps.  This lesson should help you get started:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

aj4all
5 - Atom

Thanks Jonathan for the reply. I got the understanding on chained applications. But here is the real challenge is I have 4 standalone application in alteryx which I want to merge into a single application, each of them is separated by tab like tab1, tab2, tab3 and so on and l when I goes to tab1 it should have the designer application of app1 and should run standalone. Likewise tab2 will have app2.

Please let me know if this kind of thing is feasible through alteryx. Any leads would be highly appreciated.

gauravkalra89
5 - Atom

I am trying to do something similar. Any guidance?

Gowrikrishnan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I too was looking for something similar but couldn't make them standalone. So I tried something else using macros. 

What i have done was converted each workflows into macros and used those macros in main flow and made then run sequentially. We can use check box option to run then individually also. May be you can try.

kanemku
7 - Meteor

Do you have any example workflows you can provide and/or any instructions on how you setup the macro? 

Gowrikrishnan
6 - Meteoroid

You can pass the user inputs (from those flows), to control area of macro. Within the macro you need to use control parameter tool for each user inputs.

Labels