Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need Help in FUZZY MATCHING - COMPARING two columns and Getting the MATCHING SCORE

iamviraj13
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

The file has 4 columns (2020 rest, 2019 rest, 2020 menu, 2019 menu).
I want to compare 2 columns to each other (2020 rest to 2019 rest) (2020 menu to 2019 menu) and then get the % match as well for it.
This is my first time performing fuzzy matching hence I am a little bit confused about how to get it. I have attached the input file as well as the desired output. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Desired Output:

iamviraj13_0-1591902490151.png

2 REPLIES 2
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @iamviraj13 , try this workflow if it helps.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1591947851059.png

Sapna Gupta
RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @iamviraj13 

Please mark as a solution (really just a possible solution) + like, if this helps you out.

Here is how I would approach it.

I had to eat my veggies on this one (it's been a while since I run Fuzzy).

By the way, you can now also leverage the Make Group Tool with Fuzzy Matching (in the interest of time, another day perhaps!).

RNO2_0-1591995872896.png

Keep in mind that your results will vary based on the Style algorithm selection (customization) + your % threshold settings.

What I try to do, typically, is:

1. start with high % threshold + tag matches as match level 1

2. process unmatched from first fuzzy match with a lower (bottom) % threshold + tag those matches as match level 2

3. update null match scores to zero

4. add a sort tool at the end to manipulate slice and dice (sort by match level, and match score variations) and analyze further if necessary

The workflow is attached.

Cheers!

Labels