Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple types of data in same row separation

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

Apologies in advance, I am literally very new at Alteryx. I've done all the Academy and am beginning to tackle the weekly challenges with great enthusiasm. I have a task that for the life of me I have yet to understand how I might accomplish in Alteryx:

I have a report; being input through a url. It is essentially two different error reports. I am only interested in one.

wmcclure_0-1576521038938.png

I've gotten this far in getting the rows right from the source but have no idea how to further split/filter the data to the only fields I need. I've attached a sample but will illustrate here as well:

In short the system error reports come in two types DAU hung and No response. Each report generates a time of the report (1) and a listing of the system ID with the error (2).

wmcclure_1-1576521547112.png

I need only the No Response Report and the system IDs from only that report. This is where I could use an assist.

Ultimately I need to have each System ID tied to the date/time of the report but I believe I can work that logic out myself.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Take a look at the attached workflow.

I used a Multi-Row formula to accomplish this.

What I did was look for any row that started with "No Response Report", and set our flag to "1" - which is True - this is a part of the No Response Report.

Then I checked for any rows that started with "<BR>" or "umi-" and set this flag to be the same as the row above - if we flagged it as a No Response Report, it would be a 1, otherwise a 0.

Lastly, I set any row that didn't meet these criteria to a 0.  Then I applied a filter to remove all the other rows.

Hope this helps!

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@GoldenDesign04 I agree with @Claje logic, I would do it the same. If you just wanted to get a list of all the system ids, you can use a filter tool with this formula, Contains([F1],"umi-"), to grab all of them. You can then use the output data tool to write out to a flat file.

Digan
Alteryx
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @GoldenDesign04 ,

Attached is a example showing a way to get that done.

I have used a multi-row tool to flag everything related to a no response answer and then a filter tool to get what you need.

fmvizcaino_1-1576522777561.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

Awesome! Thank you for the quick response. This is exactly the nudge I needed to move on with. 

Labels