Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Tables output to individual Excel Formatting Question

DQAUDIT
9 - Comet

Greetings,

Anyone know how to handle the re-sizing of columns that occurs when rendering tables with varying schemas to Excel File with one table per tab.  Regardless of the settings I pick while using the layout tools, or tables tool the defined "width" appears to be overridden based on the page setup defined in the Rendering tool.

For example:

Table A:

Test IDResultRecord Count
1Pass1072
2Pass1067
2Fail5

Table B:

Test IDRecord IDSource ValueTarget ValueDifference
21016468-4

When I use the browse tool after the table tools for the creation of Table A and Table B things look as desired.  I use a formula tool to provide a value that will later be used as the tab name for each table.  Next, I use a union tool, then a layout tool to group by Tab Name and use the vertical sectioning feature so each table has it's own tab in an excel output.  However, when I use the render tool depending on the page size selected both tables are resized to the width of the larger table.  This overrides my settings defined in the layout tool or table tool where I have attempted to define fixed, automatic or percentage based sizing.

Unfortunately, not able to upload workflows per company policy.

3 REPLIES 3
RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @DQAUDIT 

Sure thing, you shouldn't load company workflows.

What you might consider, however, is generating a similar workflow from sample files so that we can see the issue and offer treatments!

The better the question set up, the better (and faster) your @AlteryxCommunity solution approaches.

In the meantime, please check out the link below (I believe that the mechanics of that post will work for you).

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Reporting-Tool-Unable-to-align-multipl...

If it works for you, please mark as a solution or like, so that others running into similar scenarios can leverage as well.

Cheers!

DQAUDIT
9 - Comet

Hi @RobertOdera ,

Thank you for the feedback.  Unfortunately, that's the issue.  My company has strict policies about uploading any type of attachments whether real, sample, or personal.  That's why I provided the sample data showing varying schemas.

I appreciate the help.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Sure thing, @DQAUDIT 

Below is what I came up with based on the schemas.

Yes, I see what you mean (columns A-C in table A and columns A-E in table B total the same width).

Perhaps we should up vote a small enhancement in the Ideas section?

RNO2_1-1591548571104.png

The workflow and excel output are attached.

Cheers!

Labels