Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multifield formula for exchange rate calculation by looking up year and country

MRoyW
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have some hefty data of the following nature that I would like to change currency:

CountryYearValue1Value2Value3Value4
XFY17100300250400
XFY18100300250400
YFY19100300250400
XFY17100300250400
ZFY18100300250400
YFY17100300250400
XFY18100300250400

Now since I know the exchange rate of a particular country for a specific year, I would like a multifield formula that would look up the country and year, then divide each valued column by the specific exchange rate. The exchange rate can be input within the formula or from a table input. I am open to recommendations on the best way.

Can anyone figure out a way to do this? I am uncertain of how to achieve this since both string and double fields would be considered in the formula with only double fields bearing the calculation.

Or is there another way?
Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MRoyW,

This is how I would approach it, I wouldn't use the multi field but instead transpose, perform the calculation and cross tab back. However the multi field approach would also work.

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

MRoyW
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Jonathan-Sherman, out of curiosity, how would the multifield formula work?

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MRoyW,

The multi field approach could look something like this:

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached an updated workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

MRoyW
8 - Asteroid

Hey @Jonathan-Sherman, I think you've attached the first workflow for the second method

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MRoyW,

I've kept both workflows in the file, they are one below another.

Regards,

Jonathan

MRoyW
8 - Asteroid

@Jonathan-Sherman Oh, I hadn't realized that.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Labels