Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

MultiRow Formula Referencing Multiple Fields

denvic29
7 - Meteor

In a report that exports from our tax software I am trying to set up a workflow. The way the report exports might have the same code in multiple sections. So, each one is unique, but only to the extent the code is combined with the section. The report also puts the code in the same cell as the description, separated by a colon. I have used the text to column function to break out the code from the description. When I do this, I can identify the "section" by a null in the field with the descriptions. I am trying to find a way to combine the field where I isolated the code but I want to merge this into a new field with the "section" to make it unique. In the exported file attached, I am trying to achieve something like what I did in column E in Excel.  

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewBanh
9 - Comet

Hi @denvic29 

I have put together a workflow for you which concatenates your OTP Desciption1 Provision with the section.

Please let me know if this is what you envisioned or if you have any other questions.

- Andrew

denvic29
7 - Meteor

This works, thanks!

Labels