Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Merge two workflows into one excel document

EC55
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

Hope that you are staying safe and practising social distancing as much as possible!

I am working on a huge project that is an organisation wide data analysis which takes 3 separate data sets, joins them, runs them through a significant number of calculations and then gives me 12 output files at the end. Each output file is identical but filtered to only show data from one department, i.e. there is a HR output file, a Sales output file and so on. 

The problem I have is that I need to combine these two distinct workflows (each with their own headings and data, and very little similarity based on the calculations I have performed) into one output (excel document), with each workflow appearing on its own sheet in excel, for each of the departments in the organisation I work for (that are set up already using filters in the output control box).

See attached screenshots for reference (blacked out areas contain sensitive data). I was using that floating window in the merge snip so i didn't run the full output list for the whole thing, but they are otherwise identical. Ignore the red exclamation marks! I understand how to execute one output but the merging of the two workflows together has me stumped. 

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

EC

11 REPLIES 11
EC55
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @logiemeister this is exactly what I was after! Much appreciate it. 

EC

logiemeister
7 - Meteor

No worries EC!

Labels