Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Matching records from different excel and combining records based on a column criteria

Aryan1182114
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone,

I am new to Alteryx and using it to automate a routine task. Here is my question:

1. I need to combine data from file A with data of file B using a common column "Product Name". The issue is "Product Name" column in file A is not an exact match to "Product Name" in file B. Also, i only want data for those "Product Name" which are in File A.

2. In file A, Column A represents "Product Name" and column B is for "Owner". For each product we have different owners, and i want this data to be represented as one row for each product i.e. concatenate the owner name.

Please see below the sample files attached for reference.

Thanks

Arun

2 REPLIES 2
seinchyiwoo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Find and Replace tool can help you in mapping both columns of Product Name that might not be an exact match.

Also, you have the option of concatenating a column using the Summarize tool.

seinchyiwoo_0-1591281811632.png

I have attached the workflow for your reference.

Cheers,

Seinchyi

Aryan1182114
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

I am unable to open the file attached (as i might be using an older version); i am able to work on the file as suggested except for the summarize part. Can you attach a snip of field selection.

Labels