Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Matching Data with Regex question

whitesummer
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'm struggling with my regex.  My goal is to find a match in "child part code" field that has any number that starts with number 5 or any items that has bb or cc in it e.g. bb415h or osp-bbd649152 or osp-cc970t or 517765 or 517714.  They're all case insensitive.

Would you please help revise my formula.  I'm not sure what's wrong, but I think row 1 should be true because it starts with 5 but it's false in the child part code match column.

My input as attached.

Thank you so much.

2 REPLIES 2
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @whitesummer,

Your regex match expression of ^5 will not match as the expression must match the entire string. You could use ^5.* which would match the entire string and return you a value of true.

Also you could use the StartsWith() function?

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

whitesummer
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much Jonathan.  It's very helpful. I'm able to use it for other matches as well 🙂

Labels