Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Maps and spatial objects not showing in browse tool

sdprice
7 - Meteor

Anyone else having issues with the browse tool not showing maps and/or the locally stored/generated spatial objects?

This issue has been happening for me for a while and I'm starting to need to deal with it a bit more actively.

The browse tool just stays on the "Please Wait... Rendering Map..." notice, and does this regardless of the selected base map.

It happens the same way for a small amount of single points and relatively simple poly-lines/polygons, so it doesn't seem like a data volume/complexity issue.

The browse maps works fine for on other computers for other people in my workplace and team, which I guess probably rules out corporate proxy/firewall issues.

I have tried reinstalling, but had no improvement.

Happy to try more ideas if anyone has some.

6 REPLIES 6
Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

This happened to me with the latest installation as well... Looks so low quality for such a powerful tool... :(

@AshleyK

ChrisO
5 - Atom

This is happening to me too.. it was working on a training workflow that now I try to run at work is not working. Wondering if it is a network / website / firewall issue if it is trying to download the latest map?

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

I suspect there is a problem with the existing installation.

I shutdown the computer after an uninstall and re-install session.

After the restart, problem was fixed...

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

Could you send me a workflow that demonstrates the issue? 

ChrisO
5 - Atom

Hi JPoz,

Workflow attached - I suspect mine will work as it was done through training through an Alteryx partner.

sdprice
7 - Meteor

OP here (seems I forgot to update here when it was solved a while ago).

In my case, it was our corporate McAfee security suite blocking Alteryx's mapping sub-program (AlteryxBrowseMap.exe). After white-listing the Alteryx program directories (and sub-directories) in McAfee, everything was good again.

Labels