Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Map Interface Tool

MM_Chris
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I am trying to start a new project using the Map Interface tool to select the specific shape file from my ESRI GeoDB. I am in the testing phase of using this tool, so all I am trying to do right now is to use the shape I selected from the Map Interface and connect it to the Allocate Append tool and get some simple variables. The part that I am stuck on right now is updating the shape to the correct shape to be able to do this, but in order to do this, I can't figure out what input tool I should use to update the shape. I tried using the Map input, but I can't see the shape files on the Map Interface.

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Chris,

To connect to a .shp file, use the 'Input Data' tool. 

Let me know how it goes!

Amelia

MM_Chris
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AmeliaG,

I have tried connecting to a .shp. My problem, though, is that I can't update the existing shape file from making a selection from my Map Interface tool.

MM_Chris
8 - Asteroid

After speaking with Support, I was able to get a sample workflow (since our version of Alteryx isn't updated to the 2018.1 version) that walks you through the map interface, and I was able to reach a solution. I have included the sample workflow for anyone who doesn't have the recent updated version.

Chris

steven-barsalou
8 - Asteroid

I recommend marking your last post as the solution.

Labels