Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Map Interface Tool

MM_Chris
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I am trying to start a new project using the Map Interface tool to select the specific shape file from my ESRI GeoDB. I am in the testing phase of using this tool, so all I am trying to do right now is to use the shape I selected from the Map Interface and connect it to the Allocate Append tool and get some simple variables. The part that I am stuck on right now is updating the shape to the correct shape to be able to do this, but in order to do this, I can't figure out what input tool I should use to update the shape. I tried using the Map input, but I can't see the shape files on the Map Interface.

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Chris,

To connect to a .shp file, use the 'Input Data' tool. 

Let me know how it goes!

Amelia

MM_Chris
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AmeliaG,

I have tried connecting to a .shp. My problem, though, is that I can't update the existing shape file from making a selection from my Map Interface tool.

MM_Chris
8 - Asteroid

After speaking with Support, I was able to get a sample workflow (since our version of Alteryx isn't updated to the 2018.1 version) that walks you through the map interface, and I was able to reach a solution. I have included the sample workflow for anyone who doesn't have the recent updated version.

Chris

steven-barsalou
8 - Asteroid

I recommend marking your last post as the solution.

Labels