Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro Batch + Linear Regression (error)

barbarasuppa
5 - Atom

Hello, 

Can anyone help me? I download a batch macro that allows me to run a linear regression for a lot of itens groups.

I have a sale's quantities sold, the price and I would like to see how related the price and quantity are.

When I run the batch macro the first time it works quite well buy I needed to "change" my quantity because of the sazonality. So what I did was multiply my quantity times my sazonality index. After that when I try to run the flow again a error message appears.

This are the kind of informations that I have when everything works just fine:

barbarasuppa_0-1597163158817.png

barbarasuppa_1-1597163202246.png

barbarasuppa_2-1597163214760.png

What I did next was multiply the qtd x sazonality index:

barbarasuppa_3-1597163267737.png

barbarasuppa_4-1597163280087.png

barbarasuppa_5-1597163292280.png

barbarasuppa_6-1597163304851.png

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @barbarasuppa ,

From the link below, it seems like a hardware limitation to process your data, maybe related to the quantity of decimal places in your [Preço] column, I suggest you to try using fixed decimal only to check if that is the case and take it from there.

https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/base/html/Memory-limits.html#:~:text=Error%20messages%...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5171593/r-memory-management-cannot-allocate-vector-of-size-n-mb#...

If rounding is not the issue nor a valid solution for your problem, please share the macro you are using and a sample dataset (if you can) where the error is happening and I can try to help you debug.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

barbarasuppa
5 - Atom

You were right! I found out that 2 problems was happening, first I had to take the null values away, and second I had to break my datas in smaller groups regarding to the software limitation processing a huge amound of data.

Thank you a lot!

Labels