Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Looking for help for a specific workflow

akku
11 - Bolide

Hi Guys,

I am brand new with alteryx and I have a problem that I would like to solve.
I have sales data with the following columns:
- Order number
- Item number
- Amount
- Product group number

There is one line for each order and article. If several different items were sold in one order, there is a row for each item.
I now have to calculate the quantity sold for a specific article number. However, the article number may only be counted if another article with a certain product group number was sold with the same order number.
Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how to create the workflow here.
Could someone help me here?

8 REPLIES 8
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi @AKKW --

I think it would be helpful if we had some sample data to look at. Is that something you can provide?

Thanks,

Seth

akku
11 - Bolide

OK,
Sample data attached.
The quantity of item number 3456 should be summed up if any item from group 412 was sold under the same order number.

akku

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi @akku --

If you add a Summarize tool after your data and configure it to Group by Order Number and Count Order Number. Does that give you what you need? I think I need clarity around the last part of what you are looking to do. Specifically:

"I now have to calculate the quantity sold for a specific article number. However, the article number may only be counted if another article with a certain product group number was sold with the same order number."

Thanks,

Seth

akku
11 - Bolide

Hi @smoskowitz

I only want to count item number 3456 if there is any other item with group number 412 under the same order number.

akku

htrivedi123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @akku ,

It seems to me you will need to use summarize tool and groupby different fields to get what you are looking for. 

You may potentially have to use formula tool to make a connection between item number and group

hope this helps,

Thanks,
Hardik

Bruce_V
7 - Meteor

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to sum up quantities based on order numbers? And you would like the quantities based on item number. 

If so I have created attached flow that should work for you. 

akku
11 - Bolide

Thanks for trying.

But unfortunately it is not what I am looking for.

Take a look at the sample data from the 3rd post.

The individual items are assigned to different groups.
Now I want to sum up quantities of item number "3456", but only on the condition that there is another item number under the same order number that is assigned to group "412".

akku
11 - Bolide

Thank you guys for the support, even on weekends. I have now come up with the solution myself. I had thought too complicated, but it is very simple.

For those who are interested, I'll attach my workflow with the sample data.

Have a nice one.

akku

Labels