Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Linear Regression and Scatterplot tools are missing after update

Min_dup_220
6 - Meteoroid

Linear Regression and Scatterplot tools are missing after update to the latest version of Alteryx Designer at 2018.4.5.55178.

image.png

Please help! I do not know how to debug this error.

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Do the tools still appear in your toolbar? I have 2018.4.5.55178 with R tools here and both of those tools are on my toolbar.

Depending on the version you upgraded from, those tools have probably undergone some changes and need to be re-added from the toolbar (so the latest version is used). 

Min_dup_220
6 - Meteoroid

Nope, the tools are missing from the toolbar. Currently, I am running the highlighted.exe below:image.png

I will get back to the topic to update my progress after it finished installing. =)

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If the tools are missing, you need to download and install the new RInstaller from Alteryx. From the downloads page, go to Alteryx Designer downloads and look for "Alteryx Predictive Tools". That will add those tools back to your toolbar. Also, be sure not to save the workflows while the black "?" appears or it will not be reversed once the tools are in place.

Download RInstaller.png

Min_dup_220
6 - Meteoroid

My way did not work. After I have installed the Starter Kit, the Linear Regression tool is not in the toolbar when I opened Alteryx Designer.While trying to sort out the actual solutions, these steps solved my problems:

1. I uninstalled everything about Alteryx and its extensions.
2. Re-installed Alteryx Designer to latest version.
3. Downloaded and installed "Alteryx Predictive Tools (Admin version)" you mentioned. It appears that this thing cannot work without the main Alteryx Designer installed first.
4. Open and check the Linear Regression tool is there in the toolbar.
Thank you for your help, CharlieS. 
image.png

Labels