Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Kmeans - Assign Cluster to new data

trevorwightman
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am working on a K-means project and need a little help for applying this to new data. Here is the scenario:

I have a historical file with many records. Each record has its original data and has been supplemented with a few attributes and results data. I compiled the result fields to one field which is the weighted score of my record on how well it performed. I will be taking the supplemented attributes and running a k-means to split these records up into 10 different clusters. I analyzed each cluster and found the average weighted score. A higher average weighted score means that group of particular records did better on average overall. Once I get new data in I will not have results data and I will be able to add those supplemental fields. How do I assign these new records to the clusters I have previously assigned? I'd like to score these new records so I can determine which are the "best" records.

1 REPLY 1
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @trevorwightman,

I think this is the tool you are looking for.  If I remember correctly you feed the model from the original cluster analysis into one input and the new data into the other input.

ggruccio_0-1589825244345.png

Labels