Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Keep all the duplicate tables in the table

PNiccolo
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone!

I have a table that looks like this:

Item CodePlantItem Min QtyItem Max Qty
5060100.02.11.00001A12
5060100.07.11.00002B12
5060100.07.11.00002C13

If I use the unique tools, the last two rows will be splitted , one will go in the Uniques and the other in the Duplicates.
How can I create a table with all the items that that appear 2 or more times in my input table?
The result in this example should be like this:

Item CodePlantItem Min QtyItem Max Qty
5060100.07.11.00002B12
5060100.07.11.00002C13

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
LukeM

Hi @PNiccolo 

Download the Crew Macro pack as there is a tool in their called Only Unique. This splits data to having only the uniques out the 'U' and all the duplicated rows in the 'D'.

Luke

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

One more way of accomplishing this would be to use a summarize tool where you group by item code and count item code so the output of the summarize tool has one column of item code and the second column showing how many times it exists. Then you can use a join tool to join this back to the data right before the summarize tool by joining on item code so that you link the two data sets. Finally, add a filter tool after the join where you say count > 1 so the records that pass through the true are all of the item codes that have multiple rows. The single item codes will pass through the false.

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@PNiccolo Attached is the workflow that does the trick! Let me know if this works for you!

Capture.PNG

Digan
Alteryx
Labels