Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Json file is Parsed and Transpose - Transpose loses the order of the field

aysha6029
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am doing a POC on Json file and Parsing capabilities of Alteryx . I have built a Json file and i parsed it and Crosstab it immeditely. When i cross checked the input and the Crosstab output, i could see the order in which field are got in Crosstab is not in correct order. Please help me to solve this issue of how to Parse a Json file and get the same order as input json.

3 REPLIES 3
dataMack
12 - Quasar

The effect of transposing will generally alphabetize your fields.  If you want to enforce aparticular order, I'd appened a numeric to the beginning of your field names prior to the transpose to make sure that happens.

aysha6029
8 - Asteroid

i have appended numeric before the transpose tool. but when i do a transpose still i lose the original order . 

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Have attached a demo doing what @dataMack based off the Quandl API.

You transpose using the column id and then use a dynamic rename to repair to column names.

Labels