Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issues with Summarizing: different totals depending on grouping

Korpelak
8 - Asteroid

Dear Community, I have an issue with summarizing that it is driving me bunkers! 

I am hoping some of you have experienced this in the past and know a way around it...

I have a file with sales/procurement transactions, it has a $amount field (original from the file) and Cost of Sales field (that I calculated in Alteryx). When I run a sum for these two fields not grouped by anything I get amount  X for Cost of Sales. As soon as I group it by GL Account, I get Z and when I group by cost element I get Y.

No changes occur for the $amount (original from the file), it is always the same total regardless of the group by.

What could possibly be happening here? 

hellllllpppppppp please!

Karina

1 REPLY 1
Korpelak
8 - Asteroid

I fixed the issue by adding round() to all my formulas for Cost of Sales and making the last one to be use as "fixedDecimal". It gave me some warning errors but now the total is always the same regardless of the groupby.

Labels