Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Issue with PNG/PDF output for special character

rohan_tibarewala
9 - Comet

I am able to get a check-mark (✓) or cross (X) symbol in the excel output, but when rendering the same table as PNG or PDF , the symbols are not reflected as (✓) or (X), instead it's appearing as small square boxes.

Attached a sample workflow reflecting the above issue.

Can someone please advise if its possible to get those symbols in PNG/PDF.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
rohan_tibarewala
9 - Comet

Resolved !! Had to select the correct font.

CapriceW
8 - Asteroid

Rohan -- I'm having a similar issue. What do you mean "correct font?" Could you elaborate?

Thanks in advance!

CapriceW
8 - Asteroid

For all those looking to render a checkmark in a report, Rohan's "solution" is correct but they did not elaborate in any way unfortunately. This is the ACTUAL Solution below:

In the "Table Tool" (in the Reporting pallet) that creates your table:

1. In "Per Column Configuration" section highlight the column you would like to have the checkmark rendered.

2. Select the "Column Rules" button, its says "Create" if there are no rules for this column yet. It will say "Edit (#)" if you have created rules for this column already.

3. Create a new Rule by selecting "New" in the Column Styling Rules popup (at the top right)

4. Give a "Rule Name" and create the data rule under the "Apply" section. Mine was

[ WHEN dataColumn == 'True' ]

5. In the "Styles" section below, make sure the box "Font" is selected and scroll to the font "Segoe UI Emoji"

6. If your column is not already a checkmark (mine was 'True'/'False'), select the box next to "Replacement Text" and paste "✔" 

That should do it. 

Other notes: Webdings and Wingdings fonts DO include a checkmark but Alteryx does not render these fonts properly for this symbol!! Not sure why. Do not waste time trying these fonts even if you have the correct character in the "Replacement Text" box: 

- Wingdings renders the character [ ü ] as ✔

- Webdings renders the character [ a ]  as ✔

Neither of these will appear properly in the Report!!!! Must use Segoe UI Emoji as font.

Labels