Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is it possible to output data to one data file incrementally?

Ns89
6 - Meteoroid
I have data which will be loaded into alteryx incrementally (with data from the previous day).

However after some transformations within alteryx, I would like to output this data to append a qvx which contains all historical data.

For example, it’s Day 4 so I load the data for Day 3 in Alteryx. Run the workflow and I would like to end up with a qvx where Day 3 has been appended to an existing qvx which already contains Day 1 and Day 2.

Is this possible?
2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ns89 

Yes, it is possible.

Something like this might suit your needs:

Trnsformation.PNG

Basically you have one stream where all your transformation is and a second one which is going to be the previous day historical output.

After you union these two datastreams, you put a Block Until Done tool so you can write to the same historical input used.

The Block Until Done tool plays a big role here because it holds the process back so you can write to the same file you're reading as an Input with no errors.

Cheers,

Ns89
6 - Meteoroid
Of course, use main file as input and union.
Thanks!
Labels